The Cayman Registry, a division of Cayman Maritime, was established in 1903 and today the Register covers the full spectrum of vessel types, including commercial ships and private pleasure yachts. The Registry maintains headquarters in the Cayman Islands and a European Regional Office in Southampton, UK, with global representation in the USA, UK, Italy, France, Netherlands, Monaco, Greece, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
We are now seeking to employ a Senior Manager, Human Resources & Administration based in our European Regional Office, Southampton, United Kingdom and reporting directly to the Global Director, Human Resources & Administration. As part of a dynamic team, the post holder will actively participate in the day-to-day human resources and administrative functions of a busy office in a Maritime Administration. This includes workforce planning, talent management, recruitment and selection, employee relations, professional development and performance management, while working in partnership with other Divisions to the delivery of first-class customer focused, efficient and effective services in-line with best practices.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
The job functions include but are not limited to:-
- Manage all aspects of employee relations and wellbeing;
- Assist in the development of human resources procedures and policies;
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection process;
- Coordinate the HR & Admin budget and audit process;
- Produce HR statistical reports;
- Maintain Employee leave and training records;
- Prepare Leave Accruals;
- Oversee the Payroll and Benefits process;
- Perform financial management and bookkeeping activities; including making payments and Bank Reconciliations;
- Manage Front Desk activities and office administration functions; including procurement, IT and telecommunication equipment; and
- Manage the Health and Safety requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
To perform this job effectively the post holder must have a proven track record in a similar position and satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field from an accredited institution and at least five (5) years of related experience; or at least ten (10) years of equivalent experience performing similar duties and a suitable qualification;
- An Accounting Certification or Accounting related experience would also be beneficial;
- A proven track record performing in a similar capacity is preferred;
- In addition, the postholder should be extremely detail oriented and possess outstanding communication skills, as well as conflict resolution skills.
In addition, the post holder must have: -
- Sound understanding of UK Employment and other related Legislation;
- Sound language, analytical, presentation and IT skills;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals/checklists;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to be an integral member an effective and cohesive team;
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and detail-oriented skills within established procedures;
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Only applicants eligible to work in the United Kingdom will be considered.
Cayman Maritime offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Salary: GBP£50,040 - GBP£68,040 per annum
Forward a completed Cayman Maritime Application Form, available from: www.cishipping.com together with a Cover Letter and detailed Resume to:
Email: Human Resources
or mailing address:
Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands
PO Box 2256
Grand Cayman KY1-1107, CAYMAN ISLANDS
Tel: (345) 949-8831 Fax: (345) 949-8849
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.