The Cayman Registry, a division of Cayman Maritime, was established in 1903 and today the Register covers the full spectrum of vessel types, including commercial ships and private pleasure yachts. The Registry maintains headquarters in Cayman and a European Regional Office in Southampton, UK, with global representation in the USA, Italy, France, Netherlands, Monaco, Greece, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
The Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands (MACI) as part of its International Obligations issues Statutory Documentation as required by International Conventions and Instruments. MACI is now seeking application of interest from suitably qualified companies/individuals to undertake the processing of Technical Documentation in-line with MACI’s Corporate Targets on a fee for service basis.
The following Technical Documents will need to be processed and issued: -
- Certificate of Insurance or Other Financial Security in Respect of Liability for the Removal of Wrecks;
- Certificates of Insurance or Other Financial Security in Respect of Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage;
- Recognition of Qualification as a Ship’s Cook;
- Crew Endorsements;
- Seamen Discharge Books;
- Any other Statutory Document/Record or Certificate of Recognition as directed by the CEO or his Designate.
To perform this job successfully, the post holder must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with the prerequisite knowledge and skill outlined below. In addition, the post holder must possess the following: -
- Associates Degree or equivalent qualification, with a minimum of three (3) years of experience together with a proven track record, preferably in the maritime industry are essential for this, and;
- A proven track record performing in a similar capacity is also preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A knowledge of the IMO and ILO instruments;
- A thorough knowledge of the STCW Convention;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Client focused;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Sound language, analytical, presentation and IT skills;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals/checklists;
- Project management skills;
- Organisational, prioritisation and detail-oriented skills within established procedures;
To express your interest, please submit a Letter of Application and CV outlining details of your relevant experience, together with a Business License (as applicable) to:
Email: Human Resources
or mailing address:
Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands
PO Box 2256
Grand Cayman KY1-1107, CAYMAN ISLANDS
Tel: (345) 949-8831 Fax: (345) 949-8849
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.