The Cayman Registry, a division of Cayman Maritime, was established in 1903 and today the Register covers the full spectrum of vessel types, including commercial ships and private pleasure yachts. The Registry maintains headquarters in Cayman and a European Regional Office in Southampton, UK, with global representation in the USA, Italy, France, Netherlands, China, Greece, Singapore, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
Based in George Town, Grand Cayman, we are now seeking to engage the services of a suitably qualified company/individual to provide the following services: -
- Coordinate and prepare Annual Budgets for the Authority’s Board of Directors and Cayman Islands Government (CIG) by the Statutory deadline and in accordance with Public Management and Finance Law (PFML) and International Account Standards;
- Coordinate and prepare monthly management accounts for Management, Board of Directors and CIG by the 10th day working day, and in accordance with International Accounting Standards;
- Coordinate and prepare Annual Financial Statements and Annual Report, liaise with external auditors by the Statutory deadline and in accordance PMFL and International Accounting Standards;
- Liaise with CIG Internal Audit Unit to facilitate any internal audits;
- Manage the implementation of any agreed recommendations arising out of the Annual external audit, internal audit reports, other reports requisites by Management and Board of MACI;
- Monitor and advise on Accounting Standard changes and ensure that the Authority is in line with any relevant changes;
- Provision of Payroll Services, Support and Reporting; and
- Other requests for services, within the competence of the provider, from the Board of Directors or CEO of the Authority.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Internationally recognized accounting designation (CPA, ACCA, CA);
- Ten (10) year’s experience at a Senior Manager role in an organisation that has global offices and/or representatives;
- In depth knowledge of International Accounting Standards;
- Excellent project management and delivery skills;
- Excellent computer skills particularly excel, financial management software (Dynamics 365), report generation and other Microsoft and database applications;
- Excellent project management skills; and
- Excellent consultative skills.
To express your interest please submit by email, a Letter of Application together with a CV detailing your relevant experience and a business license as applicable to –
Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands
PO Box 2256
Grand Cayman KY1-1107, CAYMAN ISLANDS
Tel: (345) 949-8831 Fax: (345) 949-8849
Email: Human Resources
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.