The Cayman Registry, a division of Cayman Maritime, was established in 1903 and today the Register covers the full spectrum of vessel types, including commercial ships and private pleasure yachts. The Registry maintains headquarters in the Cayman Islands and a European Regional Office in Southampton, UK, with global representation in the USA, UK, Italy, France, Netherlands, Monaco, Greece, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
We are now seeking to employ a Deputy Global Director based in our George Town Head Office, Cayman Islands. Reporting directly to the Global Director, Commercial Services (CS) and as part of a dynamic team, the post holder will actively participate in the day-to-day commercial services functions of a busy office of a Maritime Administration. This will include, but not limited to, the operational performance of the global commercial representatives.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
The post holder reports to the Global Director, Commercial Services (CS) of the Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands (MACI) and is responsible for the management and administration of the Commercial Services Division, including but not limited to, the operational performance of the global commercial representatives.
The Commercial Services activities include:
- Registration & Recording of vessels;
- Technical Compliance Documentation;
- Client Billing; and
- MACI Consulting.
The job functions include but are not limited to;
- Oversee the running of the Commercial Services Division as applicable to the post holder’s responsibility;
- Contribute to the development of MACI’s corporate targets, ongoing objectives, annual initiatives and achievements of the same;
- Advise the Global Director, Commercial Services on commercial services and policy matters;
- Advise the Global Director, Commercial Services on policies and procedures as they relate to the Commercial Services Division;
- Represent the organisation externally, as necessary;
- Identify and procure resources necessary to execute the functions of the Division in accordance with the Corporate Document and Budget; and
- Perform any other duties as requested from time to time by the CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, the postholder must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements contained within this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Legal or Business Administration, or related field, from an accredited institution with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience at managerial level or at least thirteen (13) years of related office management experience at managerial level and an equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- Registered with the Engineering Council as a Chartered Engineer and Member of a recognised Professional Body is a plus; and
- A proven track record performing in a similar capacity is preferred.
In addition, the post holder must have:
- Sound language, analytical, presentation and IT skills;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals/checklists;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and lead an effective and cohesive team;
- Strong project management skills; and
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and detail-oriented skills within established procedures.
Only applicants eligible to work in the Cayman Islands will be considered.
Cayman Maritime offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Salary Scale: CI$83,280- CI$109,296 per annum
Cayman Maritime Employment Application Form and Job Description are available from: www.cishipping.com
Completed Application Form and detailed Resume should be forwarded via email to:
Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands
PO Box 2256
Grand Cayman KY1-1107
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.