Seamen's Discharge Book
Every bona-fide seafarer on a Cayman-registered vessel, including yachts, is eligible to be issued (upon request and submission of the required supporting documentation) with a Cayman Seamanís Discharge Book (SDB).
For advice and assistance please contact Crew Compliance.
A SDB is a seafarerís official record of service and current employment status and, in addition, holders may be eligible for certain benefits, such as discounted airfares. However, this is not mandatory as a SDB from another Flag is acceptable.
Applying for a SDB
To apply for a SDB, complete the required form and send it, preferably by courier, to one of our crew compliance centres. These are located in our Head Office in George Town; Fort Lauderdale, USA; Monaco; and Southampton, England. For advice and assistance please contact email@example.com.
All supporting documents should be enclosed with remittance for the requested service including the return courier fee for issued documentation (please see Crew Compliance Fees). A list of supporting documents that need to be submitted with the application is indicated in the application form. Nevertheless, here is a short-list of what one may need. Please note that not all documents are required for every application, as it is dependent upon the capacity of service being requested.
- SDB application page 1 and 2 (page 1 must be an original; not a photocopy). Please state present rank and capacity being requested
- Copy of STCW endorsement/certificate, Yachtmaster certificate or other certificate
- 3 passport sized photos (with applicantís name on reverse side)
- Copy of current Medical Fitness Certificate (within last 2 years; must be valid for at least another for 3 months at the time of application)
- 3 Specimen Signatures (on page 1)
- Record of Sea Service supported by official verification such as, sea testimonials, a copy of SDB or Official Document (curriculum vitae or resume is not acceptable as a proof of sea service) or a recommendation letter for a fresh starter.
- Copy of Passport Ė consisting of photograph, and particulars of holder (include signature page).
- Basic STCW Safety Training Certificates (includes Personal Survival; Fire fighting and Fire-prevention; Elementary first aid; and Personal safety and social responsibility) and other certificates if applicable (for non-officers only e.g. Chef, Stewardess, etc.)